Smiles for Kids Grants Program
Smiles for Kids Grants Program Guidelines:
In considering grants, the Delta Dental Foundation evaluates each application on its own merits. It considers the programs in which the organization is engaged, the constituencies it serves, the services it offers, its accountability and its fundraising practices, and the level of local community support it attracts.
• Smiles for Kids grants are limited to a maximum of $5,000 per grant.
• Grants must be dedicated to local not-for-profit programs designed to promote children’s oral health in North Carolina.
• Of particular interest are programs designed to promote/improve the oral health of under served children in at-risk populations.
• Only one proposal per organization per year will be considered.
Although exceptions may be made, in general, grants are not provided for building construction or to cover an organization’s normal overhead expenses. Primary consideration is given to supporting meritorious programs or activities for which other sources of funding are unavailable.
Grant recipients may reapply in future years, as long as a report detailing use/impact of the grant monies is provided with the application.
Each request is reviewed in terms of its general eligibility and conformity with the grant guidelines, the available funds, the amount needed to achieve the desired results, and program priority.
Delta Dental of North Carolina is a non-profit dental service corporation created in 1970 to provide dental benefit plans throughout the state. Its mission is to help ensure that everyone in North Carolina has access to a range of quality, affordable plans in the interest of improving oral health. To further its mission, Delta Dental actively supports dental education and the improvement of oral health through grants, scholarships and charitable activities. The Smiles for Kids grants program is sponsored by Delta Dental in conjunction with its philanthropic affiliate, the Delta Dental Foundation. An affiliate of Delta Dental of North Carolina.
Smiles for Kids grants will not be awarded to/for the following:
• Capital campaigns, salaries, overhead/administrative expenses, endowments, advertising or fundraising activities
• Organizations that discriminate by race, religion, color, creed, gender, age or national origin
• Political organizations or campaigns
• Projects developed for commercial or proprietary purposes